Friday, January 14, 2011

Standard #8

Big Idea 8: Properties of Matter (Alyssa)
(A. All objects and substances in the world are made of matter. Matter has two fundamental properties: matter takes up space and matter has mass which gives it inertia.
B. Objects and substances can be classified by their physical and chemical properties. Mass is the amount of matter (or "stuff") in an object. Weight, on the other hand, is the measure of force of attraction (gravitational force) between an object and Earth.
C.The concepts of mass and weight are complicated and potentially confusing to elementary students. Hence, the more familiar term of "weight" is recommended for use to stand for both mass and weight in grades K-5. By grades 6-8, students are expected to understand the distinction between mass and weight, and use them appropriately.)
What I know about my project:
•I know that matter takes up space and that matter has masses. 
•The mass inside the matter is built up inside an object/item.
( I do not know much on this topic but I hope to learn more when I start my researching.)

No comments:

Post a Comment