Monday, January 10, 2011

Explosion Project

              In my explosion project, what are the 3 main things I will remember the most? I will always remember my homemade explosions that I exploded, presenting, and how I felt after  presenting.  Why I picked these 3 times was because had the most fun doing them.

              When I decided to make some homemade explosions, I knew that I had to be able to produce everything that I had promised. I first started on my volcano, I built it and made it explode. When I was assembling the volcano I wanted to do another explosion. I was unsure until I went to the store and thought about the Mentos and diet soda. After I had done the volcano outside I brought the diet coke and Mentos out side and put double the amount of Mentos in the soda and it went so hight!

               This was the first time I was presenting one of my projects. So I was very scared that I was going to mess up of do the wrong thing. But when I was presenting, since I knew everyone, was not so scared anymore. I was very happy when I presenting and everyone seem happy with my work. I was very excited and proud of myself because I had talking in front of people.

                When I had finished presenting and we all went up to rap up the presentation I felt so good about myself and my performance. Whenever I have talking in front of people about my work I get really scared and worried about how I was going to present myself in front of people. Sometimes I feel like an outsider when I present because everyone else in my middle school class are happy to present and I am not. But, now I am ready to present and proud to show my work!

                Working on this project changed the way I graded myself on this essay. Once I thought about what are my main 3 things I remembered, all of my memories of my project came back and I was able to mush it all into 3 paragraphs. This was probably my favorite project so far. It was so much fun!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the project. Your writing is great and I noticed a couple of writing errors that I'm sure you would notice if you read your writing aloud slowly to yourself or someone else. Try it, and see what you find. I hope you get to build many other things this year for your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa,

    I like the fact that the way you felt after presenting was one of the things that you will never forget. I hope that you will remember that feeling as you get ready for future presentations. You Rock!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete